Using a drum seeder to sow pre-germinated seed
1. Puddle the land and level thoroughly.
2. Drain out excess water before sowing, but do not let the soil surface become dry.
3. Pre-germinate the rice seeds - do not let shoots become too long. Growth for 24 h is usually sufficient.
4. Air-dry the sprouted seeds in the shade for about 10-15 minutes before sowing to facilitate singling/separation of seeds.
5. Sow the seeds with drum seeder:
6. Increase the depth of water gradually as the seedlings grow but do not completely submerge seedlings.
7. Do not irrigate for 2-3 days after sowing to allow roots to anchor.
Take care during the wet season as rainfall immediately after seeding may wash away the newly sown seeds.
8. Floodwater can rise as the seedlings grow to give better control of weeds.
Send email to: Joel Janiya (email@example.com) or David Johnson (firstname.lastname@example.org)