Combine harvesting health and safety
- Never attempt to lubricate, clean, adjust, or unplug harvesters when the machine or engine is running
- Review the manuals that came with the harvester. Understand the controls before operating.
- Do not allow anyone to climb onto the machine while it is in motion
- Keep children at a safe distance from the machine
- Do not operate when you are very tired. Change operators during the day
- Always have a fire-extinguisher at hand on engine-operated equipment
- Ensure that the fuel system has no leaks
- While refueling, stop the engine and do not smoke
- When operating around machinery, wear work clothes that fit snugly.